• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

1841 Manchester Lancashire census lookup

hannahl

Hi, I desperately need some kind soul to look at the 1841 Lancashire census. My ancestor Sarah Simpson (nee Oulton) married 1814 Lancashire to William MINCH. This surname is driving me crazy, nothing pops up. Unfortunately I dont know where or when William Minch was born, but I know that Sarah was born 1794 Cathedral, Manchester, Lancashire. I have my fingers crossed that some of their children may still be residing with them.
One of their daughters, a Sarah Simpson MINCH married 1832 Cathedral, Manchester, Lancashire to John Campbell THOMPSON. If it was possible I would also appreciate their details. This daughter Sarah was born about 1816 Manchester.
I know I havent given a lot of details but it's so frustrating when you need a leg up to get more hints and clues.
Thanks to anyone who can help.

Lauren

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Lauren,

Have you got the 1851 census, The only one that came up was a Sarah Thompson and John, but there is a step daughter Mary Robb. Do you want details.

Julie

hannahl

Hi Julie, No I dont have the 1851 census. So any information you can give me would be wonderful. Who knows maybe the stepdaughter could lead to more clues for me. I really appreciate your time and help.
Lauren

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
1851 census- civil parish Beverely St. Mary

Mary Robb age 11 stepdaughter born Knutsford Cheshire
Edward Thompson age 9 born Burness Westmoreland
John Thompson age 31 born Howden Yorkshire occ Warder ER house of correction?
John wm age 7mths born Beverely Yorkshire
Robert age 6 born Hull
Sarah wife age 35 born Manchester
Sarah Ann age 3 born Beverely

Not sure whether these are yours as the childrens ages seem young going by when they got married unless the older ones have left home.

Julie