• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

1881/ 91 census help

RJS

Could any kind person try to find a John and Elizabeth Morton for me? The last census I have them for is 1871. They were living in Tudhoe Durham. John was aged 66 born in Wapping and Elizabeth was 61 born in Pensher (Penshaw?). At that time they had sons Henry and Ralph with them and daughter Hannah and her husband Joseph Johnson. Given the ages of their offspring at that time I would imagine that in the next census they would be by them selves. I would appreciate any help that you can give.

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi RJS,

Cant find anything on 1881/91 census for John and Elizabeth only for a John and Elizabeth both born Barnard Castle he is a fishmonger.

A Elizabeth Morton born abt 1815 Ryton provision dealer.

Julie

RJS

Many thanks Julie, 've had a look myself but thought I may have missed them. Looks like they maybe died by then.
Cheers
Ros

Do you have any more information that you could supply to look further, abt maybe for elizabeth, I am guessing that John was abt 1806, childrens names, I would like to look further but I need more information, do you have anymore that you can give me?