• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

1881 streets map

ptjw7

Loyal Member
Does anyone know of a good street map for the 1881 census!

I'm determined to have one last try to find the missing rellies in that census!!

I am assuming that they would have still been in the area of shoreditch as thats were the rest of the family are!

In particular I would like to find my grandfather who would have been 5 at the time and see just who he is with!!
His father Joseph Walton married Elizabeth Mary Ann Crockett in 1771(have cert) he was born in 1876(have cert).
His father remarried in 1881 (have cert) and his mother remarried in 1894 (have cert)
There was no divorce found so I assume there wasnt one!!
Found grandfather in 1891 living with father and new wife!

But cannot find anything on any of them in 1881, very frustrating!!

So I want to look through the census around shoreditch but need to know what streets there are.

peter