• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

1901 cencus lookup

trying to find a frederick william munden his profession was a warehouse porter and in 1888 had a daughter ellen louise munden, tryed searching but keep coming up blank:'(

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
This one looks like a possibilty for 1891 even though Ellens place of birth is given as Devon. See what you think.

Civil parish Charles
RD Plymouth
Sub RD Charles
3 1/2 Gibbon Street

Frederick Wm Munden head age 28 occ warehouse port born Portsmouth
Ann wife age 24 born Scotland
Ellen Louisa Munden dau age 2 born Plymouth Devon

Have you Ellens birth certificate? it will give mothers maiden name. :)

no i dont have ellens birth certificate yet, but i do have her marriage certificate and they did move to plymouth because thats where she married, so it looks like this might be the right one thanks:biggrin:

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
You can order certificates online (see link below) at £7.00 per certificate, you will need the information from the birth index. :)

The Ellen born in Plymouth is on the 1911 census, you can view the household transcript for 10 credits or the census image for 30 credits, this can be found on the findmypast site. Nothing came up in 1911 for a Ellen Munden born Chelsea, unless she was married by then or given a different pob.

http://www.findmypast.com/home.jsp

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

i have ellen louise mundens marriage certificate, she didnt marry untill 1917 so i dont know why she wasnt on the 1911 census, and no i dont know the names of her siblings, do you know if her daughter ellen louise blackler had any siblings?

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
At the moment I cant find any siblings and the only Ellen with mothers maiden name Munden is a Ellen M Blackler born 1919 in Wiltshire. When was Ellen the daughter born?

Will have a look tomorrow as its getting late.

hi juliejtp, Thats the right one her daughter was born in 1919 in pewsey, not sure if thats wiltshire or not, thanks very much for your time looking is much appreciated:biggrin: