• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

1901 Census lookup please

From
England
Would someone be kind enough to check for a young girl on the 1901 census for me please? I have her on the 1911 Census down as 'Celsie' Perry. I believe she was actually known as 'Cissie'. The closest person I have found is a Jessie Perry born in Woolwich and aged 4. What I need to know is who this little girl is living with in 1901, as I know for sure she isn't with her mother.

Thanks and I hope this all makes sense!!

Daisy
XX

Hi welcome to the site, I found this not sure if it's her RG13 43/70 at 77,St Anns Road,
Hammersmith

Walter Perry head age 40 painter's labourer
Bessie wife 37
Cessie daug 4
Mary daug 3

she had been transcribed as Cessia but when I looked it looked like Cessie :)
good luck

Ah

Thankyou for your replies!!

All I know is that I think her real name was Cecilia, but was know as Cis or Cissie. She was born circa 1897/1898 in Woolwich. However, her mother was married to a George William Perry who died in 1899. They were the licencees of 'The Pontefract Castle' in Marylebone. I do know that Ada Perry, the girl's mother remarried in 1900 and became Ada Hamilton. Her husband died shortly afterwards. She is listed on the 1901 Census as having a little baby, but the girl Cissie is not on that Census. I was wondering if she perhaps was being looked after in the Woolwich area where Ada nee Mason would most likely to have had family still.

Thanks again!!

Daisy
XXX:)

Back