• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

1901 Census lookup pls

Hi, can someone look up this family in the 1901 census pls.

Name: Arthur Bousten Rockley
Spouse: Helen or Ellen Rockley nee ( Ainsworth)
Son: Frank Rockley
Son: Sam or Samuel Rockley
Son Arthur Bousten Rockley born

Thank you.

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Denise,

Your Rockleys are quite elusive.

There are people on Genesreunited who have some of your Rockleys in their tree. I did get in touch with someone on GR who has a Samuel Rockley born 1894 Arnold Notts but the parents nmes are different. The link below is to GR you would need to register and there is a paid membership.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/static/signout.aspx

Ancestry have a 14 day free tral. I dont know what records can be viewed on he trial. See link below.

http://landing.ancestry.co.uk/offers/uk/learn/trial.aspx?o_iid=36135&o_lid=36135&offerid=0:21166:0

The other link I gave you, dosnt look like its for personal use which is a same.

Hi Julie, found this on GR could you check on it pls.

Frank Rockley 1886 India? tree owner Colleen Collins

She will be having Arthur too on her tree.

Last edited:

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Denise,

I've sent a message to the tree owner fingers xxxxxxxxx she replies.

Dont give up.

Though I did notice she had another Frank born 1933 India probaly Frank snrs son.

patrickw

Ok Julie will check it out.. giving uI'm almost at the point of p:(

Thanks a lot for your efforts x
Dont give up denroc, theres always something else to find around the corner. I'm sure that with the help of julie and others like here, youll soon be moving forward again.
best wishes
Pat

That is Franks Sr's son.. take a look at this.

Frank Rockley age 51 married - occupation insurance - departure Liverpool 16 Nov 1937 - destination port Bombay India - ship Castalia. Other Rockleys on the same voyage - Ellen 44, Thelma 11, William 8, Frank 3

There is an S A Rockley age 57 married - occupation engineer - departure 18 October 1950 - destination port Bombay India - ship Jalazad. Other Rockleys on the same voyage - Mrs B L N Rockley age 47

Ok np x I have got no ans from the BL yet.. wonder why?

Did I mention that my great grandfather was in the G.I.P Railway.. do you have any idea how could I check if they have any records of his family.

Last edited:

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Denise,

Is this BL on GR. They maybe on holiday though sometimes some people can take a while to reply.

The G.I.P., have you tried the East India records or looked on FIBIS? other than that I dont know of any other.