• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

1901 census lookup request

From
England
Could someone please look up a Mary Elizabeth Metcalf living in Sunderland or maybe Northumberland, born abt 1889 fathers name John, possibly a sister named Margaret, born abt 1883 living with them.

Thanks Jo

This is the nearest one I found:

RG13 Piece 4833 Folio 70 page 2
Vulcan Place Bedlington Morpeth Parish of St Cuthbert

METCALF, John Head Married 35 Commission Agent born Netherton
Northumberland
METCALF, Alice Wife 34 born Bidlington Northumberland
METCALF, Mary E Daughter 13 Bidlington Northumberland

There's a Margaret Ann Metcalf marriage June Qtr 1901 Morpeth volume 10b page 84 choices for groom are Patrick Gallagher and Alfred Hall

Last edited:
Thanks a lot woodlander, I can now rule out that Mary Elizabeth from my enquiries.

Everyone in the family is puzzled by my husbands grandmother, Mary Elizabeth Metcalf, later Mary Elizabeth Hunter. Her Marriage certificate states that she was born 1889 in Sunderland but no one can find a birth for her around that year. It's rumoured amongst the family that she was actually born in 1892 but lied about her age so she could marry my husbands grandfather. To make things even more difficult it is also rumoured that she was adopted at an early age by an unknown family. All that is known about her is that on her marriage certificate it stated her father as John and that she had an older sister, Margaret Ann born abt 1883:confused:

another one to cross off your list:)

1901 ----- 1, King's Buildings, Front Street Crossgate Moor, Nevilles Cross

RG13 Piece: 4675 Folio: 109 Page: 27

METCALF, John Head Married M 45 1856 Coke Drawer
Yarm
Yorkshire
METCALF, Mary Wife Married F 41 1860
Bishop Auckland
Durham
METCALF, John T Son M 12 1889
Durham
Durham