• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

1911 census for Mary Gomme.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi all,
Could some kind soul have a look for this lady.

Mary Gomme/Gomm b.1850 to 1853, depending on what census you look at.

Born Longwick, Princes Risborough, Bucks.

Last seen in 1901, living with hubby Andrew Gomme.b.1831, Bledlow, Bucks. Andrew apparently died in 1909 .Dec Qtr. 3a. 474.

Steve.:)

pejay

Valued Member
Hi there do you think she may have re-married? I noticed there are a couple of marriages at Wycombe dec qr's 1901 & 1907 , but I haven't seen anything for a later date, I assume that is High Wycombe, Bucks? :)

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Gerard and Pejay,

The 1907 Wycombe entry would be more likely, as that falls into the Reg. district of the area she lived in, ie. Longwick and Princes Risborough.
But John William Knibb as spouse, should be easy to trace in 1911, wouldn't it.

This is another on the 'to do' list, when I come over to England later this year.

Berkhampstead is not far away, and all things are possible.
Longwick is not far from the Oxfordshire county line, and also not far from the Reg District of Aylesbury, Bucks.

Thank you for looking.:)

Steve.:)

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
I thought that Andrew didn't die until 1909. All these places mentioned are all within a few miles of each other.

Cheers,

Gerard
Good job you're keeping an eye on me Gerard, I'm such a dummy.redf) :biggrin:

Berkhampstead is a little bit of a stretch, but by then the railway was in full swing. So all is possible.

Same for Wycombe, and Oxfordshire.

Thanks for that Gerard.:)

Ellie

Loyal Member
Good job you're keeping an eye on me Gerard, I'm such a dummy.redf) :biggrin:

Berkhampstead is a little bit of a stretch, but by then the railway was in full swing. So all is possible.

Same for Wycombe, and Oxfordshire.

Thanks for that Gerard.:)
lol, well we all make mistakes Steve, its part of the family history process. :)