• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

1911 census requests.

p.risboy

Staff member
From
England
I have a question.

If members are willing to search the 1911 census, why is the 1911 census request forum unavailable.

I am embarressed to ask members to search for me (I am really rubbish at the 1911), as I know it costs money over and above the usual costs.
But if someone is willing, then why not.

Is it a copyright infringement.??

Perhaps those that do have access would be inundated with requests.

Any answers please.

Steve.:)

FMP is pretty strict - I find if I'm logged in and do so again on my laptop I get restricted access with a message on screen to the effect that only one active session is allowed - presumably to stop a subscription being shared.
I don't mind looking to see if I've stumbled on one of your ancestors whilst searching for my own.............................:)

i will be getting the 1911 on axxxy dont know when as yet .wonder how thats going to work.i would be happy to do some looks ups if i can ,i suppose we will just have to wait and see what happens.for the record when i have used fmp in the past as a pay as you go user, ive always found it a bit awkward to find anything on the 1911 i suspect it will pan out as it becomes more widely available,bit of a pain though.suex

Hi
I'm confused.
I look up 1911 on the 1911 website which is free to search for anyone. I have not seen anything which says I cannot look up a person for a friend. I do not get all the info, but by a bit of searching I can usually find the names and ages of a family.
'Edit' - Perhaps I should have read clause 10 of the terms and conditions. I'm sure they really apply to the info which cannot be gained without a subscription
dave

Last edited:
Back