• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

1911 census

liz Stokes

Hi all,

I expected that most of you, like me, are looking forward to the early release of the 1911 census. I get the newsletter from 1911census.co.uk and would recommend group members sign up to get the news on the release.

Liz

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi

I cannot wait until the 1911 census is released. I will be able to maybe solve a few post 1901 whereabouts brickwalls surrounding my ancestors.

I am most excited at seeing my great gran and her parents at their London address 99 Kings Road, Camden in 1911.

Ben

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Liz

I am tempted to pay £45 for a lookup early for certain addresses but I can wait a bit longer until next year.

My great gran lived in Essex from around the WW1 onwards but was originally from Oxfordshire. If I can find her in 1911, this will narrow down when she moved, and if she went direct or via another county.

Ben

pejay

Valued Member
it seems such a shame that we have to wait so long. Fair enough I can understand 70 years, but hey at the end of the day there is nothing that personal on it that may upset anyone living or dead. I signed a couple of petitions about it, but it didn't make the slightest difference. It will be very interesting to see it. I have heard so much speculation and rumours about the state of it and if it is indeed readable, as so many people claim it is not, I eagerly await! :)

liz Stokes

Hi Pejay
Thanks for that. I agree 70 years would be better - other countries have it and as you say it is general information and not specific personal information.Can't wait!
Liz

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
I also think that, and I also think the 100 year closure rule for hispitals is a bit much as well. 60 or 70 years maybe but 100 years no. Several of my relatives were either admitted or died in hospitals in the 1930s and 1940s.

Ben