• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

1911 lookup if possible

duckweed

Loyal Member
I am not sure if this is possible with 1911 census lookups but I am looking for the next door neighbours of Harry Ryalls park gardener. born in 1859 in Sheffield and Living in Bishops House, Norton Lees Lane, Parish St Pauls, Norton Woodseats , Norton. That is his neighbours who also live in Bishops House but at a separate address.

duckweed

Loyal Member
Thanks for that. If I look trade directory for 1911 it says Charles William Chester, Meersbrook Park Entrance, Norton Lees Lane, Meersbrook. There were no other buildings at that side of the park, so that would imply he lived in the other half of Bishops House.

duckweed

Loyal Member
Can someone give me the census in 1911 for Harry Ryalls himself? Just found a photo of him and his three children, think the third child may be Mary Helen born 1901.

duckweed

Loyal Member
I'm having a senior moment keep pushing wrong buttons. The photograph has 3 children, the census record of 1901 has a daughter Charlotte E who was 7. I suppose by 1911 she probably was in service or some such. But the photo shows a little toddler so perhaps she is with grandparents or died. Can you find out if there are any children died? That is how many children were born to couple?

duckweed

Loyal Member
Not only me apparently, had to reboot computer partially. The problem is I still don't know who little girl is. Found Helen Mary died same year. There is a Rose Ryalls who died in June 1901 at the age of 4 but if it was her she should turn up on census somewhere and can't find her anywhere.

Hi
Its going to be difficult, there are so mant Ryalls

You do know however that John William 1892 and Charlott E 1894 were the children still alive, so she must have been one of the three which died after 1891. (that is as long as she is family). If you could find out when the photo was taken, and can judge her age (which must have been under 10), it may help find her birth.

glad you got your comp sorted. My email page went crazy, all the print was down one side, a word a line. I must have touched something but haven't a clue what.
dave

duckweed

Loyal Member
I don't know the date of the photo. That was actually what I was trying to work out. I feel it has to be either between 1891 and 1901 or between 1901 and 1911. The date supposed was 1900s. Eldest Boy looks about 9, second girl about 7 and youngest probably 2-3. They say it is a family group, but then they also say the family lived next door to Bishops House when I have 2 census records definitely placing Harry Ryalls in Bishops House. There was a little girl who lived next door.