• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Ellie7

Loyal Member
When i was asked how i felt about the 1911 Census i said it was too dear.It is not the same people that looks after this site now .It used to be tied to the GRO under the name 1839 if i remember right.It is now run by DC Thompson Publishers

Last edited:

Ellie7

Loyal Member
Makes a change Barbara ,and i read the 1931 census was burned wither that includes the Scottish one i have no idea.There was not a 1941 census because of the war.

Ellie7

Loyal Member
It will be the first census after the war ,and whither my widowed Grandmother has moved to a new house in Kilwinning,where i was born,as my Father never left her alone after she was widowed.The 1921 English census will be the last one for my Husbands English Grandmother who died 1928 and first with the family altogether,and see what the children are doing for a living,and whither Father in Law is with the Royal Tank Regiment.

Last edited:
I too think its pricy. Never sure if its the right person you search for either. I have seen that some say Findmypast has exclusivity for 3 years. True or not, don't know