• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

1930s Letters

Hi All

I hope this doesn't come across as spam, but I have an enquiry that I thought the community might be able to assist with. I am working on film for a major British museum, and we are looking to feature some handwritten letters and envelopes from Britain in the 1930s. If anyone has any old family letters that they think might be suitable, or leads on where I could find some, please email me on ********************. EDIT: Email removed as per site Policy.

Best

James

Last edited by a moderator:

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Firstly, may I ask why the 1930's. And secondly, why the interest.

Our members require a bit more information, before anything is passed on.

Also, if you make a few more postings, your username should turn GREEN, and anyone interested, can be passed your email address, via the PM(Private message facility). This facility is only enabled, when your username has turned green.

This site bears no responsibility, to any member who passes information in this way. Any member must satisfy themselves, to the validity of this request.

Steve.:)

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your message. We require letters from the 1930s because that is when the film will be set. It can be any letters - love letters, family letters, or even bills and invoices. The reason is that these letters will be used as part of a collage in the film to show the variety of different types of correspondence that were sent during the period. Unfortunately I cannot give away any more information as we cannot reveal our client or the name of the project.

I hope that helps.

James