• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

2018 uk marriage certificate

gibbo

Loyal Member
Harry and Meghan. The Sun newspaper states they obtained and shows a marriage certificate they claim is Meghan and Harry's. How can this be? I didn't think anyone could obtain anyone's marriage cert been as recent as 2018? I also didn't think that a royal marriage certificate is available to anyone at anytime? Also the paper states it paid $75.00 for the certificate. Why did they state $'s when uk is £? I thought UK certificates were about £ 9 so their $75.00 is way off mark.

Could this be a fake marriage certificate the newspaper have put out there just for the sake of selling a story? Or they could really have gotten a copy through GRO like they say they did.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...y/news-story/9009c6686cbb9e99301f9deb340e7f02