• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

3 Steps Forward Then........................

Northerngeezer

From
England
Things move forward smoothly then you hit ANOTHER brick wall..........................
I've taken my paternal side 5 generations back and got stuck at grandfather number 6.
Name is Thomas Davies/Davis and the only details I can find is via his son, grandfather number 5, Uvedale Davies/Davis.
Great you may think, a nice weird name, something to get your teeth in to.
Uvedale was born in 1776, died in 1862, married twice to Ann Munn and then my relative Harriett Gardner.
Thomas And Mary (Parry I think) are Uvedale's parents but there are so many Thomas Davies I'm struggling to pin him down.
Uvedale was born in Herefordshire and most of the family were from this area too, but it cant be assumed so was Thomas, I've learnt that lesson elsewhere already!.
Anyway, any help in tracking Thomas down would be gratefully appreciated.

Last edited:
Name Uvedale Thomas Shudel Price
Registration Quarter Oct-Nov-Dec
Death Registration Place Weobley, Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Death Date Dec 1844
Inferred Death Place Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Volume 26
Page 168

Name Uvedale Thomas Shudel Price
Registration Quarter Oct-Nov-Dec
Death Registration Place Weobley, Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Death Date Dec 1844
Inferred Death Place Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Volume 26
Page 168

1841 census.
Name Uvedale Price
Age 35
Estimated Birth Year abt 1806
Gender Male
Civil parish Bishopstone
Hundred Grimsworth
County/Island Herefordshire
Country England
Registration district Weobley
Sub-registration district Weobley
Neighbors View others on page
Piece 422
Book 1
Folio 2
Page number 1

price.JPG

I can see why you went down that line p.riseboy, fortunately I've found a distant relative of another child of Uvedale Davies who thinks he was actually named after the lord of the manor Uvedale Price.
The family worked as farm labourers and she thinks he was named after him, although I have suggested he might be the illegitimate child, but that might be stretching it a bit.

52 Ancestor: Uvedale Davies | Herefordshire Genealogy

That's opening up ANOTHER can of worms I think.
My Uvedale was born in the county, my big issue know is finding his father Thomas and if I cant find him its the end of my search for that line of the family.

Back