• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

A Brick Wall

I\'ve just found this site and hope someone may be able to help.
I\'m trying to find my maternal grandmaothers birth. I think it was in Kent (she lived in kent as a child) about 1900/1902. She spent some time in an orphanage because the house burned down (no dates or area for this). Her father was William Robert - Dec\'d Engineer on her marriage cert and she had siblings Jack, Annie, William & Fred. I have no ages for them nor a mother\'s name. She came to the Bucks/Northants area to work ad a childrens nurse at Grafton Manor where she married my grandad Ernest Solomon Gascoyne in 1926.
I have the birth certificates for Pretoria Adams in Stoke Priorand Pretoria Adams in Wateringbury but neither of these are her. I also have a possible certificate for Pretoria May V Adams born Battle to William & Mary but the date of birth is not the date sge celebrated on.
Any help on eithertracing her or how to confirm if this is the right person would be greatly received.
Sorry to waffle but the brick wall is hurting my head now!!!LOL