• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

A half sibling of an ancestor!

Foxyloxy

I have 'found' a half sibling to an ancestor who I was not told about and not sure if they knew to tell me, so information is limited to what I have found up to now.

I would be very grateful for any help finding more. All the Eleanor Woodend info I know is correct but would love to find more about Richard F Rogers I found Frank Rogers name in the obituary of Wm Woodend in 1936

Eleanor Woodend born: Middleton Tyas, Yorkshire, England
Births Mar 1882 Woodend Eleanor Richmond, Y. 9d 661
1891 aged 9 with parents William and Margaret in Tadcaster Yorks
Deaths Jun 1891 mum Woodend Margaret 33 Tadcaster 9c 767
1901 Eleanor Woodend Servant aged 19 in Great Berkhampstead for Constable Curtis ( who owned land in Durham, Lincolnshire and other places in England , Wm her father worked for him and he is buried in the ‘Constable Curtis family’ part of the cemetery with an identical very grand head/foot stone and surround in white marble….too grand for a gamekeeper.
1911 Eleanor Woodend
The Rectory Sudbury Derby, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire Servant Single F 29 1882 Cook Domestic born Middleton Tyas Darlington.

Marriages Sep 1914 WOODEND Eleanor & Rogers Richard F Woodend Ch.Stretton 6a 1337

barbarajoh

Loyal Member
Staff member
You could do with the marriage to know his father as there are rather a lot of Richard Rodgers (usually spelt that way) in the census.

Barbara

Foxyloxy

Yes I was hoping not to have to buy the cert....they are not direct ancestors but it still interests me to know! :eek:

Just had a play around with the birth indexes between 1880-1890
Births Dec 1888 ROGERS Richard Frank Kingsbridge 5b 199 (Devon)
Births Dec 1884 Rogers Richard Francis Kington 6a 542 (Herefordshire, Hereford and Worcester and Radnorshire)

Just to bear in mind.
I looked on BMD for births. There is one to parents Rogers and Woodend in 1918 in Oswestry district, Shropshire. They seemed to travel alot so Richard could have originated from anywhere.

dave