• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

a middle name, Vallentine

lighty

Hi Folks, Came across a lovely middle name Vallentine, it Belongs to a Daisy Vallentine Harvey, she was born 1897 Ovingham Northumberland, her parents were Robert Harvey and Mary formerly Douglass, i would like to think that it came from a maiden name somewhere down the line but where.
It could be Mary's mothers maiden name, or even Roberts mothers, oh i don't know where to start, i know it makes all of this worth while when you come up with answers, i am hitting brick wall after wall :mad: can someone help, i must solve this name before i crack up :( .
Robert Harvey was born 1855 Little Ryle Northumberland, his wife Mary 1857 Highley Shropshire.
Daisy also had a brother Robert Stanley Harvey, Stanley was very unusual in those days i have never come across many.

lots of thanks. :) :)

pejay

Valued Member
Hi there - not sure if this will be of any help - after checking the IGI I found lots of Vallentines for Northumberland. [different spellings].There was an Ann Valentine of Ovingham b. 24/1.1807 parents Gustavus Valentine and Ann Robson. could this be a link to Daisy? :)

pejay

Valued Member
- forgot to mention children were very often given a middle name that was their mother's maiden surname. This was apparently very common in Northumberland. :)