• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Adam Murphy birth 1898 appx

Good evening to you all,
I am looking for help in finding birth details of my grandfather Adam Murphy. I am struggling to find any details of his birth. Adam married in 1918 aged 19 to Ellen Morrison in Glasgow.Based upon this, take his birth year to be 1898/99, his father was John Murphy and mother Ann McKinlay, both had died by the year Adam got married.
Hoping someone can point me in a direction to take.
Thanks
Alan

Hello Alan
I am sending you a very warm welcome to the site
it`s just a thought but there are some very good sites that help with Scottish ancestry,but the best one is www.scotlandspeople,also familysearch.org hold some Sottish records
However just to help you a little in your search I will take a look for you
take care
Romany Rose
********may the Lord keep us all safe ,and warm********

Ok Alan
It does not matter where I look ,are you sure that you got the name McKinley right
I ask this because the only John Murphy and wife that fit in with the dates that you have provided along with the rest of the info is has follows
All info is from the Scotlands people site
Adam Murphy born Aberdeenshire 1898,baptised Glasgow Lanarkshire 1899,married Ellen Morrison born Glasgow Lanarkshire on the 27th June 1899 ,she died Glasgow Lanarkshire 1964
But Adams parents are listed has John Murphy and Ann Ashcroft
Adam and Ellen ,married Glasgow Lanarkshire 1918,and I have found the following children for you
1/Robert Murphy born Aberdeenshire 1920
2/John Morrison Murphy born Glasgow Lanarkshire 1922
3/Adam Murphy born Glasgow Lanarkshire 22 August 1928 ,died 12 February 1986 in Aberdeenshire(the record is not to clear -but upon asking my husband who is Glaswegian to translate it is in fact)Inverurie
he married at Bodmin in Cornwall in 1950 to Christina Mackie born Aberdeenshire 1928 and she Died Glasgow Lanarkshire 1984(will leave you to look up any children of these two has because the data content is more data protective and therefore obviously of a more private nature)
However I have managed to find a little info on the families of the following,should you reqiure then please let me know.
Ann Ashcroft
Ellen Morrison
Christina Mackie

will wait to hear from you
take care
Romany Rose
x

Last edited:

oznannie

Loyal Member
Hi Alan, there is a poster in Anx who has your Adam Murphy bn 1899
married to Ellen Morrison her birth 27.6.1899 no details of the place.
Child Adam Murphy bn 22.8.1928 Glasgow died aged 58 in 1986
Inverurie Aberdeenshire. Married a Christine Mackie.
There is another child listed Robert, no details of his birth other than he died in Liverpool.
Not much help Alan, cheers Oznannie

Hi Rosemary,
Indeed I gave the wrong Mother, I have Adam Murphy's mother as Margaret Ashcroft & father as John Murphy as on Adam & Ellen's marriage certificate. I have used Scotlands People, but cannot obtain any record for Adam Murphy birth for 1898/99. The three sons you have mentioned are all correct, so I am at a loss why I can't obtain any record and confusion with Margaret or Ann

thanks

alan