• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Addicted to trees :)

Quevega

Hello :) Truthfully, I was never attracted to ancestry and could not understand what people saw in spending hours on a frustrating and often fruitless paperchase

How wrong was I though. My Mum asked if I could find out more on our Irish ancestry, so I said that I would give it some time

My God it's addictive and I wish I had submerged myself headfirst into it years ago!!

cheers to all, and I am delighted that I stumbled across this brilliant forum

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
If you had looked for your Irish Ancestry years ago, you would have given up sooner, rather than later. Luckily, there is so much more online today. It's still quite tricky for the most part, depends what religion and where they lived.

Oh, and Welcome to FHUK forums.(y)

Steve.:)

Quevega

Cheers Steve, I indeed have been fortuitous, catholic and the website roots Ireland open many doors for me, and the familysearch website found quite a few ancestors locked up for drunken disorderly :) so I now know who to blame for my penchant for Guinness!