• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Adoption record? Birth Certificate? Which one best to order?

Hi,

Mary Elizabeth Dunbar when she was born but changed to adopted name was Syliva Ella Dunbar

My nanny who was adopt by her uncle as her birth mother passed away at childbirth and her father could not cope with a newborn baby (my nanny) so my nanny's uncle and aunty took over and brought her up since.

My nanny's adoption name was Syliva Ella Dunbar, and she was born on 23rd February 1933 in Northumberland, and she passed away on August 2010 In Buckinghamshire. She had three brothers by her birth mother and father thats what I was told by my mother. Her birth name was Mary Elizabeth Dunbar

Her adoption parent called Thomas Dunbar and Sarah Beattie and they did not have children of their own, I think. But I don't know my nanny's birth mother and father too. That's what I am stuck about.

I was told by my friend that I would able to find birth parent's name by adoption paperwork if i order? Is it right? Or birth certification?

Can i have your advise what I can do to find it? How can i find the adoption record for me to order? Or would i better off to order birth certification?

If I better off to order adoption paperwork or birth certification, then can you please help to find the website that I could order? As I have never been order birth certificate or adoption before.

Sorry if I am useless lol.

Thank you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
p.risboy Certificates 1
Foxyloxy Births 2
L FHUK General Chat Room 7
V FHUK General Chat Room 4
V Irish Genealogy Roots 5
M Genealogy Beginners Help 11