• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Albert Wright - Family Mystery!

jan47

Hello, everybody,
My first time here, so hope that someone can help. Albert Henry Wright was last traced in 1911 census living in Croydon with his 2nd wife (married 1907) and eldest daughter. His youngest daughter was born in 1915, and a few years after that he disappeared from the family and was never spoken of again. I know he had been married before, and in 1901 was living in Croydon with his first wife. I cannot trace either the death of the first wife (Thirza/Rose), or the death of Albert. This is a HIGH brick wall!!

Any suggestions will be welcome!

Look foward to hearing from you.........-

Jan47

Last edited:

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hello, everybody,
My first time here, so hope that someone can help. Albert Henry Wright was last traced in 1911 census living in Croydonwith his wife (married 1907) and eldest daughter. His youngest daughter was born in 1915, and a few years after that he disappeared from the family and was never spoken of again. I know he had been married before, and in 1901 was living in Croydon with his first wife. I cannot trace either the death of the first wife (Thirza/Rose), or the death od Albert. This is a HIGH brick wall!!

Any suggestions will be welcome!

Look foward to hearing from you.........-

Jan47
Could he had gone to WW1? Mabe a check of militery records could be worth while.

gibbo

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Jan,

I use the Ancestry site, there are others which are Findmypast and The Geneologist, probaly there are others but these are the only 3 I can think of at the moment.