• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Alexander McNeil MacIntyre

From
Scotland
Hello there ladies and gents.

I have been searching high and low for my great, great uncle Namely Alexander McNeil Macintyre. He was born on 31st January 1893 in Irvine, Ayrshire, Scotland. He went to "do his bit" for his country and came out of the army after the armistice. The next he turns up is when he is on his way from Liverpool > New York. Then nothing until 1924 when he marries Agnes Ferguson Weir in Wentworth, Ontario, Canada. Again there is nothing on him until 1929 when he becomes a US national, at this time he is living in Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA. I cant find him on any census information. I can't find any death certificates. I have hit a brick wall. If anyone could help I would be grateful.

Thanks, David.

Hi David,

There is a Alexander McIntyre born abt 1892 (middle initial G not M) on the 1930 US census living in Kenosha. This is from the index only not having access to the original. According to the transcription on familysearch this chap was born in Canada.

Dear Julie,

This man is incredibly elusive. He can count himself lucky he's probably dead as if I got him I'd hurt him haha. Well, thanks for your input anyway :)

Hi

I think this may be him in 1901 at 7 Elizabeth St Irvine

John McIntyre head aged 45 Grocer born Gorvan renfrewshire
Georgina wife aged 43 born Dalby Ayreshire
Elizabeth dau aged 13
George son 11
john son 10
Alexander son 7
Alan son 5
james son 4
looks like Dupald son aged 2
all children born in Irvine

sorry I have very few credits left but you will find this and other census on scotlands people

Best wishes

dochines

Dear dochines,

I already have them on the 1911 Census living in Loudoun Kirk, Galston.
I didn't check the 1901 Census however the mother's name is Sarah Macintyre.
Also, up until 1911 they had been using McIntyre, for whatever reason they changed it I;ll never know. And They lived in Irvine, Ayrshire until moving to Loudoun Kirk sometime between 1901 and 1911.

Back