• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Always reread your notes

duckweed

Loyal Member
I was reading someone else's account of a will I had and realised there was more to be got from the will than who he left things to and what he had to leave. There is also who he owed money to and who owed money to him. It made me realise that I will have to go and reread what I have.

Its so easy to miss something the first time round. My advice is always copy everything, don't just paraphrase it, and always take a quiet moment to reread it.

ianto73

Valued Member
Absolutely true, where any form of legal paperwork is involved, make sure you understand the contents even if it means reading it more than twice.
My wife worked as a book-keeper in solicitors and her experience there taught me that.
Iechydd