• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

    Please read the following:

    Read the current rules of the forum

    Thank you

    If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Am I lucky, or just very persistent?

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Moderator
Posts
5,250
Likes
84
Location
Norwich
#1
Some lines I have managed to find vicars, mayors, an alderman and merchants, and it has helped me get back further into the 1500s and before, and I have found some landed gentry. Although I do lots of checking wills online (PCC wills, Essex SEAX etc, wills on |FMP and more) plus exhausting National Archives databases and Google Books and more and even reading individual wills of people with the same surname in the same areas and it has paid dividends, and then checking and checking to confirm I have the right people.

About 80% of my ancestors were humble ag labs, shoemakers, or fishermen whom I cannot get back further than say 1680ish, but with some lines, the other 20%, the further back I go, the richer they seemed to be.
 

Similar threads

Top