• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Amazon Books.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Last week I purchased a book from Amazon, the title of which is.....'Voices of Princes Risborough'.

This book contains interviews with local Princes Risborough people, and their memories of the town. I recognize some, and a few are distantly related.

One such person was PC David Allworth, although born in Lincolnshire, and not related, was the local constable of the town, and he nabbed me once, when I was about 9 or 10 years old. The result was......a stern talking to by the Chief of police at High Wycombe. He passed away in 2008, after spending nearly all his career at Princes Risborough. He was also on the town council.

There are recollections of others, who would have clearly worked, and known my family, and me.:biggrin:

After reading through about 70% of it, I came upon a photo of myself, and my brother at a local Company Christmas party. I recognize a few others in this group of children, and the owner of this particular photo(i think).

See who can pick me out.:rolleyes::biggrin:

Sorry about the clarity, but the site won't allow a higher definition of my scan.

View attachment 3411

Steve.:)

Last edited: