• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Ancestor chasing

gibbo

Loyal Member
We are going away on Saturday morning, ancestors chasing we are a going!! Heading to Roma to the cemetery where hubby's great grandfather is buried and then to check out the Gibson farm. I think i have everything: camera, papers with plot numbers, maps, note book and pens. I have tried contacting the church of england there but keep getting the massage machine and he has not rang back so going to check that out as well and see if they have any old records there. We are only going to be in that area for 24 hours so i have to be orgainsed, but we can change plans if something comes up and its worth our while to stay another day. Then off to Miles down the road from there. Hubby's cousin lives there and it seems she may know a few things that may help and also may have some family photos. And probably the cemetery there as well. Gee i hope she has some gossip to liven this lot up or i'll claim one of DW's ancestors:2fun: :2fun:

gibbo