• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Ancestree.......How very annoying.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
I spent about 4 hours today, doing a mini tree on Ancestree, and filling in all the details from parish records that I had, so I could just look at it, to make sense of it when I'd finished.

When I finally finished what I'd done, I looked at the tree as a whole, and found out that there were 3 sets of records for every name I had entered, and also, every name had been triplicated.

So......16 names, became 48 names.....that is, 3x of all 16 names I had entered.
No matter what I did, I could not change it. So I deleted it, and promtly went the Ancestry page on FaceBoook, and let rip at them.:mad:

What on earth is going on with that damn site.:confused:

Steve.:)

Guy

Valued Member
Website
freespace.virgin.net
It may not be connected but Ancestry has a problem with the servers it is using to host rootsweb mailing lists, surname lists and freepages (sites where the public can host family history data, trees, images etc.).

These sites have been down for a number of days and it will be a while before they are up and running again according to the error message.

As I say it could just be a coicidence or it could be a sign of more widespread problems for Ancestry.

Cheers
Guy