• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Ancestreee Trees.

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi

On Ancestree I found a tree had a Matthew Bradford born 1770 in Little Thurlow, Suffolk. He had a brother Patrick, William and John, all sons of Thomas and Anne Bradford. The baptism date of William was given on this tree and the other 3 was just a year of birth.

I went to the Suffolk Lowestoft RO today and the only Bradford baptism I found in that parish was William. No record of the other 3 baptised there even though the tree said they were all born in Lt Thurlow. I checked Great Thurlow as well and found nothing. So where the idea of William having 3 siblings came from is a mystery unless they were baptised elsewhere.

I can find no later record of a Patrick Bradford anywhere. Shows that many Ancestreee trees need a health warning. :biggrin:

Ben