• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

andrew clyde/sarah sills or simms

jack

I have no date information on Andrew Clyde.
However, I do know that he came from Scotland where he was engaged to a Miss Webster and was on a tour of duty in India when on his way back to Scotland, he passed South Africa, and stopped off. Somehow he met Sarah Sills/Simms who had a daughter from a previous marriage in England called Nellie. He married her and I have no idea what happened with Miss Webster. Sarah was born in England and her husband died, and she and her daughter came over to South Africa.
Anybody out there who can help????????

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Jack,

Sorry I misread your post. You will need to look at the S.A. records for Andrew and Sarah's marriage. I dont know what information is on the marriage certificate but if it is the same as the English one then it should have Sarah's age and her maiden name and previous married name, plus fathers name and occ, this will give a better idea of what years we should be looking for. Heres a link to National Archives of S.A.

http://www.national.archives.gov.za/

Julie