• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Ann Evans

The above lady is the one on my paternal grandfather's birth certificate - he was born 19 May 1879, at 298 Cardiff Road Aberdare. However as there was no name for the father on the certificate, this lady has always been part of the 'brick wall'.
Not sure where I got this information from but there is a note of a death of Ann Evans born 1864, died 1880 registered Pontypridd District Vol 11A; Page 220; Line 320.
My reason for considering whether I ought to consider this 'Ann Evans' rather than loads of others is because my grandfather was living with his grandmother in the 1881 census all of which I have known since starting this many years ago. The fact that this young lady passed away at the young age the year after my grandfather was born seems to be co-incidental?
My question - is there a way that the actual location of where she died can be found out before I send for this certificate? Many thanks folks.

Thanks for the tips, I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get the certificate. My reason for that is, if this Ann Evans gave birth to my grandfather in May 1979 at the age of 15/16 that would not want to be broadcast in the press, and the house where the birth took place was occupied in 1871 and 1881 by a family with the surname of Roberts. The curse of family history:- brick walls and skeletons in the cupboards!:rolleyes::rolleyes: