• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Ann Maria Parker

I am looking for parents/birth details of the birth of Ann Maria Parker born Birmingham around 1866 and died 1908 aged 42 years. She married Thomas Lee in Birmingham 1889. My Great Grandad's family all died when he was very young and we have no details on this side of the family. Help!:2fun:

rjshave

Hi
1881 census for Ann Maria Parker

Ann Maria Parker 14 general servant
Louisa Parker 18
Angelina Parker 20
Ann Parker 50
edwin Parker 54

They were living at 16 court, Lionell Street 1 House
District: All saints, birmingham

Hope thay helps!:)

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Do you have her marriage cert at all. And does it have fathers name on it.:confused:

In 1881, it shows father as Edwin c1827. Birmingham & mother Ann c1831. Birmingham.

Same census details as Oznan found.

Steve.:)

oznannie

Loyal Member
1901 census
Ann M Lee is a widow 34, living in the same courts I think from 1891
Alfred Lea on the next page 10yrs.
There are 2 deaths for Thomas Lee in Bham
one in 1900 aged 34yrs and another in 1901 before census
aged 33yrs
I hope this helps

ozn

Many thanks for all your replies. The Thomas Lee married to Ann Parker died in March 1901 as it looks like you may have found the right family.
I am also confused about the boarders mentioned and having little info on this side has made me more determined than ever to find out what happened.
All I know is that Thomas Henry Lee died aged 2 in 1892, then Thomas senior died 1901 and Ann Maria died 1908 leaving my Great Grandad an orphan. He did mention about living in a workhouse for a while after his Father died but have been unable to find out if this true.
I did notice that the My Great Grandad's surname is spelt incorrect as Lea instead of Lee - can I ask if this is how it was spelt on the census?

Hi,

May Lee (formally Clarke) was my Great Nan, Alfred Lee was my Great Grandad (Ann Maria's Son) my Nan was their daughter Eileen.
Many thanks for the info sent to date as this is proving very exiting!

there could be these children to Alfred and May
May W - O/D 1912 Birmingham 6d 236
Alfred W - J/M 1914 Birmingham 6d 576
Arthur L - O/D 1916 Aston 6d 847
Harry A - J/M 1917 Aston 6d 1024
Geoffrey - O/D 1920 Aston 6d 1109
Eileen M - J/S 1921 Aston 6d 847
Philip A/J 1923 Aston 6d 1056

dave

Last edited:
I have received the marriage certificate for May and Alfred which is as you stated in 1910. I even checked the church out but it was bombed in the war. But its the parents on Alfred's side that are proving a problem. I have their names but few other details.

Hi
I'm posting this as I seem to have reached a brick wall, but you may be interested in my thoughts.

I have been looking for Thomas 1868 parents.

On 1891 census RG12-2401-62-29, Thomas 23 and Ann Maria 27 have a Henrietta Scrivens living with them, along with her son George. Henrietta is marked as Aunt, George as cousin. If I have my calculations right, this means Henrietta, maiden name Stephens, is a sister of Thomas and Ann's parents
(a - Ann Marie's parents are Edwin Parker 1828 Birmingham and Ann Barber 30 Birmingham.
(b - I have not found Thomas's parents.

1881 Thomas may be a pauper inmate in Birmingham Western Road Workhouse aged 14
1871 he may be here aged 1, son of Emma ref RG10-3114-10-13

Another possibility for Thomas's parents are Henry and Selina, maiden name Elkington, married Jun 1859 Coventry
1881 - RG11-2994-45-43 and 1871 - Rg10-3124-88-17

dave

Many thanks to everyone for taking the time to search the family details for me.
I was surprise about Emma Cottom as Edwin Parkers daughter as I dont have a record of her in the family.
The Thomas Lee being in the Western Union workhouse could be the right one as my Great Grandad was also born there. Perhaps when he mentioned being in a workhouse he could have been refering either to himself as child or his dad.
I will take the names you have kindly given and keep up the research.
Many thanks:D