• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Ann Osbourne Rutland

Foxyloxy

Ann Osbourne married Benjamin Clements in Exton Rutland 1799, they lived, had their family and died in Exton, Ann died in 1854.
In the 1851 census she states her birth place as Market Overton, Rutland and is aged 86 years making her birth date c1765.

Could someone do a look up on the Market Overton, Rutland baptims for around 1765 please?

Hi Foxy

Market Overton was in OakHam parish. I have been through the baptisms but there isn't a Ann Osbourne around 1765. The nearest is..

No DATE MONTH YEAR FORENAME SURNAME REL PARENTS NOTES PARISH

8323 21 JAN 1773 ANN OSBAND D/O EDWARD/ELIZABETH ORSBAND in BT OAKHAM
13 Aug 1775 Elzabeth Osband D/O Edward/Elizabeth, Oakham

edit
If she has been telling fibs about her age there are these..

13Feb1786 Oakhaam Ann Osborn D/O James/Mary
7Mar1787 Oakham Thomas Osborn S/O James/Mary
15Mar 1788 Oakham Mary Osborn D/O James/Mary

dave

Last edited:

Foxyloxy

Hi Dave

Thank you
1773 would make her 26, so likely however 1786 she would be 13... I don't know what age she was on the 1841 census although I 'think' ages were rounded down for those over 15 to the nearest 5 for the 1841..........I wonder if she was even born in Rutland..... so she may have been fibbing about that too...boy these ancestors don't make things easy do they?

Foxy

Hi Foxy

Been browsing the marriage records for Oakham, Oxton was in this parish, but I can't see Benjamin and Ann. Perhaps they were non believers, although I don't know just how complete my records are. You could try this lady, who appears to have the full transcripts of Rutland
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=49255.. Look at her statistics at the bottom.

(Sorry folks for advertising another forum)
dave

Last edited:

Foxyloxy

Hi Dave

They married in St Peters and St Paul Exton 18 November 1799, all their children were also bap there, however I have searched Exton PRs back to 1592 without any Osbourne or varients of the name...it says OTP but

:eek: Just a thought I wonder if the name is in the PRs in ST THOMAS OF CANTERBURY, EXTON the Catholic Church, not sure if I have baps but I do have MIs for there

Foxy

Foxyloxy

Hi Foxy

Market Overton was in OakHam parish. I have been through the baptisms but there isn't a Ann Osbourne around 1765. The nearest is..

No DATE MONTH YEAR FORENAME SURNAME REL PARENTS NOTES PARISH

8323 21 JAN 1773 ANN OSBAND D/O EDWARD/ELIZABETH ORSBAND in BT OAKHAM
13 Aug 1775 Elzabeth Osband D/O Edward/Elizabeth, Oakham

dave
I didn't know about this one/s, but it shows the name is in Rutland and from my old note books "Edward Osborn bap in Cottesmore 12 nov 1797" so maybe I need to research other Osbournes in the area and see if I can find a connection by researching from another angle....and look for naming patterns, which in this case would mean Ann's fathers name is either John or William

It is fairly difficult date/record wise...their marriage tells me very little except for they married where and date, the only other document is the 1851 census, which gives me her age and Market Overton as PoB. 1841 I haven't seen, but ages were rounded down and say either from county or not, so it isn't 'useful' to cross reference for information and unless her father/mother/sibling was staying it is hard to find another record.

No mention of the name in the Catholic MI in Exton :confused:

Foxy

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaveHam9 English Genealogy Roots 11
DaveHam9 Deaths 4
DaveHam9 Births 7
DaveHam9 Australia & New Zealand Genealogy Roots 9
Robin Patterson Births 3
DaveHam9 English Genealogy Roots 2