• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Annie E Lewis

emeltee

Loyal Member
From what I can find Keldon is another name for Keldholme which is near Kirkbymoorside and some distance north of York.

I have found this Census entry for 1881

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:Q27B-6D8G

In 1871 this particular Annie is in Normanby with her widowed mother Mary and 2 year old brother William. Her birth was registered Sep 1861 in Helmsley, parents Michel and Mary Brough. Michael died 1864.

I'm not saying that this is the right Annie but she is worth considering. As for Annie Elizabeth and Charles Lewis, I don't think they ever married. Perhaps Charles already had a wife.

emeltee

Loyal Member
Re Charles Lewis you say that you have Charles on the 1881 Census living in Elder Terrace, Burslem. Do you have a reference for this entry as I cannot find a Charles Lewis of any age in Burslem in 1881.

emeltee

Loyal Member
Disregard my last as I have now found him.

Not sure about all these Census entries particularly considering the various occupations - a coalminer in 1861 yet a potter in 1881.

Just to add to the mix a Charles Lewis born 1846, a collier by trade as per the 1861 Census, enlisted in the Army in 1867 and was still in the Army in 1883 when he returned from a 4 year tour in India. Is this the same Charles Lewis who can't be found in 1871?