• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Another mystery solved.

p.risboy

Staff member
Loyal Member
I have a framed photo of my paternal Grandmother with her daughter Hilda. Granny has a child on her lap, and another woman. Who was this child and woman.?
I thought I would clean the glass, so I took the picture from the frame and removed the glass. After cleaning it, I placed it back in the frame and then the photo.
Then I noticed on the back of the photo someone had written, "Baby's name is Denise".

Ding dong, I recognised the name, but from where.

After looking through my notes that I had taken from my Aunty Hilda, almost 10 years ago, I came across Denise and her mother. There was a phone number with the names but it was disconnected.

I went onto Genesreunited and found a "hotmatch". It turned out to be the daughter of the baby in the picture. She passed on her mothers phone number and I phoned her and described the picture and who was in it.
The lady on the phone was the baby in the picture and she my Granny's Gt.Niece and the other woman was her mother.
So the baby was my Granny's nieces, daughter.

Granny and baby. Aunty Hilda, right. Baby's mother, left.

View attachment 52

The photo was taken in 1949, in Granny's back garden.

Mystery solved.

Steve.:) :)

Last edited: