• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Antree and new search?

ptjw7

Loyal Member
I just don't understand what's going on with Antree but just today I was searching for people I had found on there before and I put all I knew about the person but the item actually came up as number 61.
The first results had nothing in common with what I put in, so much so that I was beginning to think I was going gaga, they used to be so good, not now though!

peter

Prickley

From my research i have found that i get the best results by entering only the name, surname, town and birth year if you search with siblings, spouses and parents there are way too many irrelevant hits.

ptjw7

Loyal Member
Yes that's the way I used to do it but just lately if I put data in for results I have had before the results are not at the front but are deep down, its very, very odd!
The search now has sliders at the top left which you can move from a wide selection to exact and moving them to exact for a record that they have given me before now will give - nothing found!
I just cannot get my head around what they are doing and in what order they are doing it!
Its just a pain to use now.

Peter