• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Any ideas on the year of this wedding pic please?!

christineoa

Hi all,

I acquired this photo via email as well as a few others of my Nan's siblings (on the maternal side of my family). It was from one of my Mum's cousins who told me it was my Nan and Granddad on their wedding day but we know it is definitely not them!

I am wondering if it is my Nan's older sister Mary (who was known as Polly) on her wedding day in 1919?

Any ideas much appreciated! :)

Many thanks in advance.

Christine

Attachments

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
I would say early 1920's again, Christine.

The dress length, and 'bobbed' hairstyle. Might just streeeeetch to 1919, but not really sure on that.;)

If you look at images of dress length before and after WW1, it changes quite dramatically.

Steve.:)

Last edited: