• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Any ideas what year this was taken?

christineoa

Hi all,

I have another photo who again I was told is of my Nan and Granddad but it is not! It is definitely one of Nan's sisters as there is a family likeness and by a process of elimination have narrowed it down to a possible 3 of her 7 sisters!

Can anyone help with the year at all?

many thanks :)
Christine

Attachments

christineoa

Hi Steve,

Cheers for your reply. That would rule out Nan's two of Nan's younger sisters as they were were born in in 1919 and 1924 respectively. Am assuming it must be her sister Lilian who was born in 1911. :)

christineoa

Yes I assume it would be Lily's husband. I have asked my mum if she recognises which Aunt and Uncle it is? however, although she can see the family resemblance of her Aunt to my Nan she is not sure!

Two people think it is Nan's sister Doris who was born in 1924 but they were not 100% sure! :confused:

duckweed

Loyal Member
Strange thing is. I remember having a dress like that in the 1970s. It was called a shirt dress. And I had tights and shoes like that too. Not a hat like that though. As for the man he could pass in practically any era