• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

anyone a 'most haunted' fan?

Hello! Yes, I will be watching it, It is at the old North Wales Hospital which is near me, sadly now due for demolition to make way for either a prison or apartments. Many of o/h's family were employed there over the years. It is a fabulous old building, loads of character and just the right setting for the programme! Enjoy!!
http://www.opacity.us/site142_north_wales_hospital_denbigh_asylum.htm

Janey
I have just been reading up on this, it seems such a shame that buildings are allowed to rot like this, lets hope that any renovations/improvements do actually happen!

patrickw

hi julie,
although always a sceptic, I did watch it and found it to be an enjoyable programme, until the day Derek Accora found the ghost of an allien on Pendle hill lol. Im afraid that put paid to any serious viewing for me from then on and I have gradually lost interest. It seems to be more the Yvette and Karl show now,
but hope you enjot it anyway, you never know, they may turn up someones brickwall
best wishes
Pat

Hi Pat,

I see you on the graveyard shift again........ :eek:

Yes I used to like Derek Acorah, but having seen him being caught out by Matt Albright just doesnt cut it anymore.

I have watched it on occasion, I do believe that Ghosts do exist, have seen things that I couldnt explain and have seen a ghost of a child in my house.

I hear more things than I see, if that makes sense, but prefer to watch the programme and make my own mind up.

I went to see Derek Acorah last year at a local venue, needless to say I didnt go back the the one this year. Not very impressed.
Oh dear, that doesnt sound to good... :eek:

I think he thought he was bigger than the show, and he doesnt seem to have done that much since he left really.....

I do think though that by the theatricals that have been displayed it has done alot of harm to those that are genuinely trying to prove that 'something' does exist 'out there'.

AthenaLou

i watched most of the last most haunted live was good in places i also lost a lot of interest once Derek Acorah was caught out i always said, from first time i ever saw him, he was far to much of a showman and i agree it has put a huge dampener on anyone trying to prove there is a life beyond......u always get one that has to throw a spanner in the worx tho

theres some video's on you tube that show yvette jogging someone on set and making noises making out they are paranormal most haunted unveiled eh?

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
I have watched it on the odd occasion and have always found it so funny. Reality TV at it's best/worst.
I do believe in spirits, ghosts, presences or whatever label fits. But this show, give me a break.:rolleyes:

I had a relatively open mind to all this, but quite a few years ago I became convinced.
My mother and father came on a visit to my 'new' home, which was a 3 storey victorian house in a row of 6. My wife and I were in the kitchen, with my father, chatting. And we became aware of my mothers absence. We heard her talking to someone in the dining room, and so I went to investigate.
I slowly put my head aorund the door to see who was there, only to see my mum 'talking' to someone who was not there. I then asked her who she was talking too, she turned to me a little startled and said "the lady by the window". She turned back to the 'lady' and exclaimed she was gone.
My mum was totally unfazed, got up and went to the kitchen for her cup of tea.
My mum at the time was about 62yrs old and fit and well.
I never investigated any occurencies that may have happened in the past in the house, and I was happy and content not to.
So Derek and co. can go and ...................??? These 'reality' programmes are there for one purpose only, and that is to make us :2fun:

Steve.

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi

I have had ghostly images of one of my ancestors when I am in bed at night. I am not sure if the spirits are there or if it is all in my mind. I favour the latter...

Someone said that he may be trying to contact me from the grave.

Ben

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi

I have had ghostly images of one of my ancestors when I am in bed at night. I am not sure if the spirits are there or if it is all in my mind. I favour the latter...

Someone said that he may be trying to contact me from the grave.

Ben
I hope he does Benny, it woud be nice if he gave you his whole family history and has contact with others for the full story.:)

Steve.:)