• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Anyone else finding this site hanging?

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello,

Is any other member finding this site hanging on refresh at about 90% loaded? I'm getting the site to hang 80% of the time when almost fully reloaded. Looking at the status bar I've noticed one or other of these taking ages to load and wonder if this server has a virus?

www.qksz.net

www.lduhtrp.net

www.awltovhc.com

I have checked my system for virus / trojan/ malware and found nothing.

Regards,

Dave

Hello,

Is any other member finding this site hanging on refresh at about 90% loaded? I'm getting the site to hang 80% of the time when almost fully reloaded. Looking at the status bar I've noticed one or other of these taking ages to load and wonder if this server has a virus?

www.qksz.net

www.lduhtrp.net

www.awltovhc.com

I have checked my system for virus / trojan/ malware and found nothing.

Regards,

Dave
Same here Dave.

Oz

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Yes, hangs about 80% of the time. I find the solution is to kill it and reload. Doing that once or twice seems to get the reload of the site through faster.

The site server has come under attack a few times. I just wonder if something nasty has sneaked through.

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
This latest thing is different and more frequent than the random timeouts that have been going on for much longer.

nainmaddie

Loyal Member
Agreed. I thought it was my server, as I am at the end of the line. Still trying to decide whether to change on to cable, but if it is the fault of this site, that would not cure anything.

Maddie