• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

anyone know the HOY family

Hi

Does anyone out there have any information of the Hoy family (originally from Ireland but living in Burnley Lancashire). I am so confused as there are so few census records with this family on. The head of the family is William Hoy and Mary nee Fynn/Finn, both came from Ireland. Have found a few records on Lancs OPC and their names are written in the Latin version. I have found births for Catherina b 1859 d 1862 (there was a another daughter called Catherina b 1864 d 1865), Joannes (think this is John?) b 1860, Franciscus b 1867 (think this is Francis), Ambrosius b 1869 (think this is Ambrose), Randolphus (Randolph??) b 1872 and Petrus (Peter?) b 1875, they were born to Gulielmi (William?) and Mariae (Mary?). The thing is that there is supposed to be 2 other children Emily and Thomas but I can't find any records at all for them, can't find any census records that show Peter on but have found 1901 and 1911 census with a lady called Ambrosine on. The 1911 census show Ambrosine living with her brother Randolph and her married sister Mary Ann, yet can find no birth records for Ambrosine. I really am hoping that someone out there is looking into this family as I have spent several weeks going round and round in circles as to who are the children of William and Mary and what happened to them.:confused: