• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Anyone know?

Sycamores

Hi
My daughter and I have the family history bug. We keep hitting a brick wall though. We get so far online and then find we need to visit different places round the country to find out more. Does anyone know of a service that matches people like us geographically? Where we could research in our areas (Swindon and Bristol) for information and we could ask people to search in their areas for us? (The genealogist services are too expensive for us)

Thanks for reading :)

Hi

welcome

to you and your daughter. You have come to the right place in FHUK. We have many willing members from the UK, Australia, the USA etc, each with knowledge of, and access to different records, who will search for you free of charge.
just have a look at the forum headings, select the most apt and then post details of your brick wall. Give as much info as you can as we need to identify the family you are looking at, before we can go backwards

good luck
dave

leefer

Loyal Member
Hi
My daughter and I have the family history bug. We keep hitting a brick wall though. We get so far online and then find we need to visit different places round the country to find out more. Does anyone know of a service that matches people like us geographically? Where we could research in our areas (Swindon and Bristol) for information and we could ask people to search in their areas for us? (The genealogist services are too expensive for us)

Thanks for reading :)
Welcome..and all the best from sunny Swindon:)

Sycamores

Thank you so much Dave and leefer for the tips and welcome. :) It's so nice to be part of a community. Family History research is so much fun, but it can be
isolating

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
A warm welcome to the forums Sycamores.

Yes genealogy is rewarding when you do find an elusive rellie but it can be frustrating and I have had times where a record office visit leads to more questions than answers. As others have said, just post in the relevant sub forums and we will do our best to help.