• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Anyone looking for a chit chit?

He's promised he'll take me out this coming week. I thought we might go to Carbrook Hall which although a pub is also a very old building with decorative ceilings and massive oak carved fireplaces from the Elizabethan period. He gets bored when I talk about family trees or Bishops House but he doesn't mind looking at houses and heritage sites.

Since my three children have flown the nest myself and Donnami make an effort to go out most Sundays....we have decided to explore the Cotswolds more this year...being close to home it is often overlooked.
Last Sunday we went to a little place called Eastleach near Lechlade On Thames.
Frozen in time it is a small village once ran by the Keeble/Keble family.....a college in Oxford was named after John Keble a curate in the village who went onto bigger things.
The small church where he preached and gave surmons is still as it was then though now not used is still consecrated.
Tomorrow we will go to Shalbourne in Wilts.....close to Hungerford/Burbage.
All these places i have delivered to during my work.....i have a little book that i write into when going to a particular jewell in the crown...and vow to go back in a no work scenario:)
In many ways it is harder when the kids leave home...especially for a woman as they have put years into them......the whole focus was the young ones.
Often i am shattered at the weekend because of work and it takes a lot of effort to get motivated to go out......but when i go to these places and look and learn the effort for both of us is worthwhile.

Regards all.

When I used to live in England, I'd just go out and drive. Tried to keep off major roads, sort of like a mystery tour.
I would initially head for somewhere I knew, and then veer off the well beaten track.
When I came across a place of interest, I would pinpoint it on an O/S map, and make a short note of it.
Amazing what you find.;)

Steve.:)

I have 3 direct rellies now who spent time in America or Canada. My grandad was in the RAF in Canada in about 1940 and spent a bit of time in an RAF jail, 5xgreat grandad spent army time in Canada and America and great, great, great grandad emigrated in 1886 to America and died about 20 years later.

I dont go anywhere much so been thinking in the next month or so i might get on a plane and go and visit ... Oz :biggrin:

And your more than welcome. We'll do a few pub crawls while we're at it as long as you promise to push my wheelchair for me >:D

While your here you can use my computer so that you don't lose touch with fhuk, we all know you have a very bad addiction to it.

Oz

Last edited:
And your more than welcome. We'll do a few pub crawls while we're at it as long as you promise to push my wheelchair for me >:D

While your here you can use my computer so that you don't lose touch with fhuk, we all know you have a very bad addiction to it.

Oz

Thanks Oz but i think i can handle no FHUK for a few days:2fun::2fun: Or maybe you offering to let me use your computer is a way for you to log in while im there cause you would miss it:p
Your game letting me push your wheel chair after been on a pub crawl:eek::2fun::2fun:

Thanks Oz but i think i can handle no FHUK for a few days:2fun::2fun: Or maybe you offering to let me use your computer is a way for you to log in while im there cause you would miss it:p
Your game letting me push your wheel chair after been on a pub crawl:eek::2fun::2fun:

Nah......let his tyres down and leave him there.>:D>:D:2fun::2fun:

Back