• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Anyone looking for a chit chit?

The New Zealand earthquake death toll is turning out worse than anyone thought

I have been following it on Foxtel, It's very quaint to hear those Kiwi accents, if they didn't re-arrange the way they pronounce their vowels they would sound like Aussies or south Africans.

A becomes E ... I becomes u and so on

The New Zealand earthquake death toll is turning out worse than anyone thought

I have been following it on Foxtel, It's very quaint to hear those Kiwi accents, if they didn't re-arrange the way they pronounce their vowels they would sound like Aussies or south Africans.

A becomes E ... I becomes u and so on

My ex brother in law is a New Zealander and when he spoke i always thought his I sounded like E.
Other countries probably think we sound strange with how we pronounce words to.
I have my own language .. gibboish:2fun::2fun:

My ex brother in law is a New Zealander and when he spoke i always thought his I sounded like E.
Other countries probably think we sound strange with how we pronounce words to.
I have my own language .. gibboish:2fun::2fun:

Did you mean jibboish>:D:biggrin:

I wonder how that other Aussie is going, you know the one that's always bashing at his keyboard and looking for Fred

Being an aussie i dunno what spuds mean, Please translate:confused:

Dont start oz. Steve mentioned spuds on here ages ago and i played dumb and pretended i didnt know what they were. Steve been a helpful fella like he is explained what they were and i just sat here laughing:rolleyes: Baited him i did:biggrin:

Back