• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

archer or smith

jayneedge

hi to anyone who can help,can you do alook up for mary ann archer but could be using smith at this time as her mom remarried around 1850-51 her mom is mary born 1818 and there is a son james born 1845-46 in stratford upon avon,there dad was william archer born abt1815 and died in 1849,mary was born around 1844 but i know the family apart from mary ann moved to the midlands but she i think must have stayed on in warwickshire im trying to tie up lose ends on this part of my family anything you can find would be great thanks

James Smith 3
Mary Smith 30
Mary Smith 6
Thomas Smith 23
Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 2074; Folio: 582; Page: 5; GSU roll: 87342-87343.

Hi jayneed

There is this family in the 1851 in Stratford. The address is Milton Row, Stratford, Warwickshire. Mary Smith the elder is born in Pillerton, Warwickshire and the two children are born in Stratford. James looks slightly young to be born 1846 though is the only query I have with this? This may or may not be the right family but is something to think about.

Dee

jayneedge

hi dee thanks for that i think that they might be the right ones it was the stratford area james could have been born around 1847-48 which will make him about the right age i know mary snr married again to a smith and ive traced one to being thomas and he was younger than her,i think they might have lived on his farm or worked with his family on a farm but its maryjnr who im interested in cuz when they left stratford she wasnt with them on the census so im trying to find out what happened to her but keep hitting a brick wall from what i can see she took the name smith cuz i mcant find an archer in that place if you manage to see anything else let me know i would be really grateful,it will get your mind boggling it as mine lol thanks anyhow jayne

jayneedge

hi julie i know its the stratford area think there is a bit of confusion in years of birth i know that mary snr was born around 1818 but may of said it was later cuz she remarried a younger man i know she was born in 1818 and married william archer in 1840 but its mary jnr whose bothering me cuz i know she stayed in warwickshire when mary and james moved to bilston so im wondering if her 2nd husband died but i dont know who looked after her or if she married keep looking and finding mary smiths marriages but keep hitting a brick wall but if you find anything as usual i would be greatly appreciative speak to u soon jayne

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Jayne,

Still looking but came across this in 1881. Just type in the ref no's and the page should come up (Ancestry).

Class RG11
Piece 3101
Folio 47
Page 11

May not be anything.

There is a marriage for a Mary Ann Smith year 1877 district Stratford a Thomas Bant is also listed.

Then again there are other Mary Ann Smiths so it may not be her.