• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Are there burial records??

We have christening / baptism info, we know the chapels or churches people get married in , even the witnesses,we know causes and place of death but, as far as I know , there's no record of resting places, am I wrong ? if I'm right shouldnt this failure be addressed?

Website
www.myspace.com
Re: Are there buriel records??

Normally people are burried in the parish where they are married. However as the graveyards get filled up they move to another site, which is well known to locals / councils and the church themselves. For example for Mold the parish church is St. Mary's but the graveyard is full so now the majority of burriels take place at the council run Cemetary on Gas Lane.

Detials of councils cemetaries can be found on the council's websites (i.e. www.flintshire.gov.uk) and some of them give details about when the graveyards were opened and directions to them.

If its older graves you are looking for you could try your counties history society. Clwyd history society have transcribed monumental inscriptions from different cemetaries across flintshire and have produced booklets with this information in. The local library has a copy of all of them.

I hope this helps. Give me a shout if you need any more info