• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

are you familiar with parish records? I'd love to hear from you!

hello everyone
I'm new to this forum so please bear with me.
I have recently begun a new project with the Church of England to make better use of the Church's vast archives of historical records. As you're probably aware, each parish generally owns and keeps its own records which of course makes life a bit challenging for genealogical research. What we're trying to do is to begin centralizing a process for getting parish records online and searchable, with a church goal of reconnecting people with their communities and historic family churches.

Anyhow - what I'm doing at the moment is identifying 'pilot' parishes and deaneries we could work with as we begin the project.
To that end, I thought I would simply throw a line out on this forum. If you are into this whole subject of genealogy and particularly the history of your local parish records, I'd love to hear from you. Particularly if you are in Winchester, Chichester, London or Guildford dioceses. But really anywhere in the country would be good to hear from.

Feel free to PM me to connect or ask me anything more.
Best wishes to all,
Darren M

Guy

Valued Member
Website
freespace.virgin.net
Darren, on most forums you need to make a few posts before you can send or receive PMs.

I am very interested in your posting both as a private individual and on behalf of Anguline Research Archives a firm that scans books and manuscripts for the family & local history market (please see our website).

We are always looking for material to digitise and are pleased to offer a free scanning service to Churches, Libraries and Archives for a variety of record types.
Please feel free to contact me for further details.
Sorry Guy your email address has been removed as per site policy. As you say once Darren has made 3 posts you can send him your address
dave

On a personal level I was introduced to family history as an infant and it has developed into a way of life since then and would be pleased to help in any way I can.
Cheers
Guy

Last edited by a moderator:

leefer

Loyal Member
hello everyone
I'm new to this forum so please bear with me.
I have recently begun a new project with the Church of England to make better use of the Church's vast archives of historical records. As you're probably aware, each parish generally owns and keeps its own records which of course makes life a bit challenging for genealogical research. What we're trying to do is to begin centralizing a process for getting parish records online and searchable, with a church goal of reconnecting people with their communities and historic family churches.

Anyhow - what I'm doing at the moment is identifying 'pilot' parishes and deaneries we could work with as we begin the project.
To that end, I thought I would simply throw a line out on this forum. If you are into this whole subject of genealogy and particularly the history of your local parish records, I'd love to hear from you. Particularly if you are in Winchester, Chichester, London or Guildford dioceses. But really anywhere in the country would be good to hear from.

Feel free to PM me to connect or ask me anything more.
Best wishes to all,
Darren M
Wow,a fair job that will be!
Good luck with it....and welcome to the forum.

hi
totally understand the security, I'll make a few posts and we'll carry on.
And appreciate the welcomes.

Guy I'd certainly be interested to hear more about the Anguline RA scan capability and process. I'll get in touch one way or another.

cheers
Darren

Darren, on most forums you need to make a few posts before you can send or receive PMs.

I am very interested in your posting both as a private individual and on behalf of Anguline Research Archives a firm that scans books and manuscripts for the family & local history market (please see our website).

We are always looking for material to digitise and are pleased to offer a free scanning service to Churches, Libraries and Archives for a variety of record types.
Please feel free to contact me for further details.
Sorry Guy your email address has been removed as per site policy. As you say once Darren has made 3 posts you can send him your address
dave

On a personal level I was introduced to family history as an infant and it has developed into a way of life since then and would be pleased to help in any way I can.
Cheers
Guy