• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Army records

sue ault

Hi all,
Well fingers crossed I have finally done what I said i would do for at least 6 or 7 years. I have just posted copies of my fathers birth, marriages and death certificates. I have also for good measure sent a copy of my birth certificate to show I am his next of kin. I dont know his Regt although It is believed to be the Royal Artillary and he is believed to have been stationed on Gibralta.
On a negative the £30 postal order I sent off cost more, and with postage and recorded delivery it came to just under £39. Also they cant promise to find the records and it could take 6 to 12 months to recieve anything. Oh well I have waited all these years, I suppose another 12 months is nothing. I had best keep myself well peeps.
Sad as my elder brother and sister are not interested in our family history, although my sister likes me to send her copies of the infomation I find. ( Lazy comes to mind ).
Wish me luck please as I know more about my grandfather and his 1st world war records. I did write to the NHS for info on family member 1939 registration card info, my dads they couldnt locate, he was obviously out of the country.

Sue xxxxx :kissu: