• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

ARP Wardens

Hello there

My great grandfather served as an ARP Warden in Salford, Manchester during WWII.

His name was Arthur Fitton and he was born in 1893. I was just wondering if anybody is aware of any information on his service out there somewhere?

Many thanks

Tom

stockpot

Valued Member
My mother-in-law was an ARP warden in Manchester, the only information I have is from her own diaries, I wasn't able to find anything else.

I have a book of Salford Memories by Jack Jackson in which he has reproduced an article from the Salford City Reporter Friday December 27 1940 entitled "Blitz on NW Town, Heavy Raids on Successive Nights, APR Services' Great Works" It gives an idea of what an ARP warden would be involved in but does not mention anyone in particular.

Send me a Private Message with your email address if you would like a copy.

Elaine

My mother-in-law was an ARP warden in Manchester, the only information I have is from her own diaries, I wasn't able to find anything else.

I have a book of Salford Memories by Jack Jackson in which he has reproduced an article from the Salford City Reporter Friday December 27 1940 entitled "Blitz on NW Town, Heavy Raids on Successive Nights, APR Services' Great Works" It gives an idea of what an ARP warden would be involved in but does not mention anyone in particular.

Send me a Private Message with your email address if you would like a copy.

Elaine
Hi Elaine

A thousand thank yous for your reply.

I have attempted to send you a Private Message, although despite thorough searching, I have not been able to find a means to do so.

I would be very interested in viewing the article you mention.

I have checked under the 'User CP' section of the site, as well as clicking on your username, but no option to send a message appears on my screen.

Might it be at all possible for you to PM me and then, hopefully, I may be able to reply to your message.

Many thanks

Tom

stockpot

Valued Member
It looks as if you need to make another post to activate the Private Message system. When you have done that I should be able to contact you and then we can exchange emails so I can send the article as an attachment. (there's probably an easier way to do it but I am only familiar with just doing simple posts on the site - sorry!)
Elaine

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Moderators have no control over how long the system takes to change the user name to green. Anything from 24 seconds to 24 hours.

Dave