• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Arthur Austin 1868

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi all,

Trying to the the death of Arthur Austin 1868.

In 1911, he was living in Longwick, Princes Risborough, Bucks (Wycombe district).
From CWGC entry, Joseph Austin(son) details, his father was deceased by 04/09/1916. and his Mother Emma is still in Longwick.

I've looked and looked, for a possible but I'm at a loss.

Steve.:)

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Why would it say ......."the late Arthur Austin".... on the CWGC information for Joseph Austin who died 1916, in WW1.
Does it mean these details would have been added at a later date.

Son of Emma Austin, of Long Wick, Princes Risborough, Bucks, and the late Arthur Austin.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Steve was Arthur with Emma in 1911? or check the death index 1/4 by 1/4, as one of mine died in 1845, his death wasnt on the free bmd but was on the death index.
Yes Julie, he was. Along with 4 more children, Fred, Amos, Ada and Dorothy.

Two children, Lilian 1899, and Dorothy 1908, married into the Barnard family.

emeltee

Loyal Member
It is possible that it is an error on the CWGI. My husband's great uncle has a mistake on his entry, they have entered his father's name as Willie Haydn instead of Wiilie Hiram.
Emeltee

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Lee,

Yep, that's his son and I'm in contact with the lady who'd tree that is. The info on CCGI is almost the same as CWGC index, but with a few more details.

No mistake MLT, as both sites previously mentioned have almost the same details, but the CCGI site has the fathers profession and date of baptism.

I think maybe when all the details were gathered, and finally attributed to all the 'Fallen', Arthur Austin had passed away.
So, another cert to order, as previously supplied by Julie and MLT.

His wife Emma passed away in 1937, so luckily didn't have to see her grandchildren go to the same end as her son Joseph.

Thanks all.:)

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Seems strange theres no record of his death Steve..i note there are still plenty of Austins in the area.
Yep Lee, loads of Austins. He was one of ten, and he had ten kids himself, that I know of and possibly more.

I haven't totted up his brothers and sisters kids yet.

Good job they didn't marry any Morris's.:biggrin: